If you have been thinking about a bathroom redesign but wonder whether you should spend the money, think again.
There are a lot of great reasons why investing in a bathroom renovation is well worth it, even if it doesn’t involve major construction.
A bathroom makeover alone can really improve that space in your home, and even increase its value!
So Many Areas to Reno
Though you might have plans to improve or decorate multiple areas of your home, there are two areas that should take priority, those being the main or master bathroom and the kitchen.
Why do a bathroom redesign first when it is not something that most people will not see?
Should you start by remodeling the living room or fixing the patio instead?
Which Area Should I Renovate First?
There are a few important reasons why starting with a bathroom reno is a better idea:
- The Most Outdated Space - Bathrooms are usually the most outdated and ignored spaces in any house. When you are ready to start a home project, this space is the best space to begin with to make it more modern, useful, and beautiful.
- Increases Home Value - The two spaces that affect the value of a home the most are, you guessed it, the bathrooms and the kitchen.
- Gives the Most Bang For The Buck - Unlike many other home remodels, only a bathroom makeover gives you back nearly its cost in added home value.
- Increases Salability - A great bathroom can make - or break- the sale of a house. Why? Because most home buyers don’t want to buy a home that has an outdated bathroom that they will have to renovate, themselves.
- Makes You Happy - Above all of these points, that new bathroom is going to be a pleasure to use!
Why Bathroom Renos Make The Most Sense
Real estate agents everywhere agree that of all the modifications you can make to your home, going ahead and doing that bathroom redesign is the one that will work the hardest for you.
A bathroom makeover will increase your home’s resale value and make it more desirable to homebuyers, two important factors for actually getting a house sold.
Whether the real estate market is highly competitive and a great bathroom can sway a potential buyer or the market is weak and it can help retain the value of the home, it is a win-win situation.
Go For It – Do That Bathroom Reno Now!
If your home is for sale now or you foresee it being for sale later, one of the best ways to appraise as high as possible is by doing a bathroom reno now.
Even if you don’t plan on selling, you will enjoy that new bathroom greatly while knowing your home is holding its highest possible value!